I admittedly was not the best at packing my bag for our hospital stay because we live two blocks away and I figured I could send my husband home for anything we needed. Once we were there, though, I realized you really do not need a lot! The only thing I didn’t pack that I wish I had (or that I had my husband go get) was my own sleeping pillow and a bath towel. For the most part, using the items provided by the hospital was much easier. Here’s what I had in my bag:
• Pajamas & robe: Lake pajamas are my favorite and they have a maternity line!
• Slippers: for walking around your room and the hallways
• Camera and charger
• Phone charger
• Toiletries: Other than the essentials, I brought face and underarm wipes for ease and this toner spray that I love!
• Hair dryer
• Bath towel: You can certainly use the hospital provided ones, but I thought it was nice to have my own plush bath towel!
• Flip flops for the shower
• Sleeping pillows: Again, the hospital provided ones are just fine. I used some of them, but it was nice to have one really good pillow to sleep on
• Blankets for husband: He will appreciate having some nice, cozy blankets on his uncomfortable bed! 😉
• Snacks: I brought coconut waters and homemade trail mix with nuts, dried fruit and some dark chocolate
• Onesies for baby: If you want your babe in non-hospital wear! *think: photos*
• Going home outfit for both you and the baby
• Receiving blanket(s)
• Car seat: Make sure it’s installed in your car!
Things I didn’t need (because using what the hospital provided was a whole lot easier!): diapers & wipes for baby (unless you feel strongly about using a certain brand), nursing pillow, belly wrap, undies, pads
Other items to consider: heating pad, Tucks wipes, Earth Mama spray, extension cord (so your phone can reach you in bed while charging), baby nail file, laptop and charger, night light (the lights in the room are really bright, so it would be nice to have something softer at night)